Ahli to create a new interface for watching replays and observing matches in the client. Some of you may recognize a lot of these new features from an earlier version we used at the BlizzCon World Championships. While this probably won’t be our final iteration, we wanted to get this version into your hands now as this new interface will be replacing the default replay and observer UI very soon.
With new art, talent icons included in the top bar, and collapsible detailed stats and talent panels, we think this interface will introduce an exciting new level of easily-digestible information to players looking to analyze games as a spectator or through watching replays. You can also look forward to even more features coming with the interfaces official release and beyond, including current Map Mechanic counters for each team on maps like Blackheart’s Bay and Tomb of the Spider Queen.
Follow these instructions to start using the new interface:
- Download the new Heroes of the Storm interface file:
- Once downloaded, place the file in your Heroes of the Storm Interfaces folder
- Mac: \Library\Application Support\Blizzard\Heroes of the Storm\Interfaces
- Windows: C:\Users\XXXXXX\Documents\Heroes of the Storm\Interfaces
- Inside the client, access the options menu, then navigate to the Observer and Replay tab.
- Use the dropdowns to change your Observer and Replay files to the downloaded interface.
- That’s it. Go watch a replay, observe a custom game, and check out all the new features!
- Detailed Stats Pane: Ctrl + 1
- Detailed Talent Pane: Ctrl + 2
- Hide/Show Top Bar: Ctrl + E
- Hide/Show All UI: Ctrl+Shift+E
- Hide/Show Chat Log: Ctrl+Shift+C
- Hide/Show Replay Control Panel: Ctrl+Shift+O
We hope you enjoy this sneak preview of the new observer interface, and we’re excited to see what you all do with it. Have fun and we will see you in the Nexus!