Hello, my league name is Cya Space Cowb0y. And I'm here to tell you why you should play Miss Fortune right now.
Before we get started, click here for proof that it's my account and click here to confirm my clickbait title.
Why should I play Miss Fortune?
I want to start off with this because unless she is FOTM, Miss Fortune is rarely played. Miss Fortune is a great carry to play as she has a relatively safe laning phase with tons of poke which can help her get her core items before becoming a teamfight monster with her ultimate and her permanent attack speed steroid.
Crit or Lethality?
Crit Miss Fortune every time after her Q changes.
Double Up's second shot can Critical strike icon critically strike, based on critical strike chance, dealing 100% × (1 + bonus critical damage) bonus damage. If the first target is killed, the second hit will always Critical strike icon critically strike.
Because of this change, and the fact that her W gives her permanent 100% attack speed steroid in a team fight makes crit a way better choice than lethality. She might not spike as hard in the early-mid game, but she gains so much more potential past 3 items than lethality. This plus the fact that her R can crit as well makes her DPS so much higher building crit.
3 AD Quints
9 AD Marks
9 Armor Yellows
9 MR Blues
This is so your Q's and passive hit a little harder in lane since you should go for poke and not extended trades, so you don't need attack speed early. It also enables you to one hit casters under tower with your passive.
Miss Fortune has an attack speed buff on her W and two abilities that scale off of crit, so there are a few paths you can take. I highly recommend this one unless you are very, very far behind where you need to sneak a zeal or something in-between. Also, as with all builds, you might need to change it up a bit depending on the situation.
(Standard Build) Essence Reaver -> Berserker's Greaves -> IE -> Rapidfire Cannon -> Situational
- Essence Reaver: Miss Fortune's bread and butter. You get a load of AD, crit, mana generation, and 30% CDR. The perfect item for a crit caster like her. Get this item every time.
- Infinity Edge: Raw damage, this is her second core item to make her hit harder paired with Essence Reaver. Nothing much I can say.
- Zeal Items: I go Rapidfire most of the time for two reasons. The firs that is, you get an extended empowered auto that can crit and pair with your passive for a massive chunk of damage. The extra range has gotten me so many kills I would've had to flash or heal for. I wouldn't recommend Shiv as you have enough wave clear with your passive, and mana sustain with ER. So you are sacrificing your range for unnecessary wave clear or a bit more magic damage in team-fights.
- Blood Thirster: This item is great in extended trades or if there aren't any divers in a team fight as you can sustain more after you use your ult. Take this if there are no tanks or healing champs on the enemy team.
- Lord Dominik's Regards/Mortal Reminder: Take one of these every time even if there is one tank. Mortal Reminder gives the whole enemy team a 6 second grievous wounds debuff on just the first wave, but if they have no healing go with LDR for more damage.
- Guardian Angel: This item is great for three reasons. 1) It now gives extra AD. 2) People tend to focus you less because you have the passive. 3) It's very anti-assassin and can win you games late game. I would recommend this item if it is a close game.
- Maw/Death' Dance: Death's Dance is really good as it synergizes with your ult and your q, while having the bleed effect to keep you a live a bit longer. It also lets you hit the CDR cap of 40%. Maw is also really good vs fed AP assassins like Fizz or Ekko while still giving you AD and the extra CDR
How to teamfight as Miss Fortune
I see a lot of people in Platinum and especially Gold blow her potential by wasting her ult. You should only use your ultimate when...
A) All their hard CC is blown in a team fight and you are safe to shoot most you waves.
B) Any threats are away from Miss Fortune where they can't cancel your ult. Adding to this, if the enemy team is hit by an AOE CC by your teammates (Orianna, Sejuani, Malphite, etc.), it is usually safe and a really good time to ult.
C) When you are out of vision of the enemy team, and you hit an unsuspecting ult on at least 2 or three people. This can backfire if they do have vision on you, and you turn into a still target dummy.
If your ult gets canceled some how, she still team fights well as she gets bonus auto damage from her passive and an attack speed steroid that can be on at all times.
Miss Fortune is no longer an ult bot as crit made her base kit and even her ult better. I wouldn't recommend her into every team comp as she can get boned easily by hard CC and heavy slows as her only mobility is move-speed. But overall, she can be a solid carry into most comps.
Sorry if I left anything out, this is my first guide :)
Since so many people are asking, IE OR ER first?
I prefer ER most of the games unless I am ahead because the build path is safer and if I get ER and cull, it helps me get a faster IE. On the contrary though, if I get a few kills, definitely rush IE as you get a bit more DPS while trading off CDR.