The Open Beta has been officially confirmed
If this isn’t your first time playing The Division, there are extra incentives to come back: The Open Beta will include an all new story mission for players to explore in their pursuit to take back New York. As a thank you, everyone who participates will be rewarded with a special in-game reward which will unlock for players when the full game is released.
- February 18th
- Thursday XX
- February 21st
- Sunday, end of the day
- February 19
- Friday XX
- February 21st
- Sunday, end of the day
Official announcements and News
Give feedback, make a differenceThe developers have proven again and again, that they are listening very closely to the community, so do your part and give them feedback about the game and what could be improved. But remember, keep it constructive, because in the end it is their game, but we can make suggestions, how it could be different. Please don´t report any bugs on Reddit, because there is a specific section in the Beta-forum for that.
Beta Forum:The Beta forum is now accessible, so if you are searching for information or give a feedback.
Use the Bug-Forum for your specific platform
Beta IntroductionHow does the Beta work, how big is the map and how do we fight? All these Questions are answered in this short introduction video:
Official Beta StreamingThe developers and the Community Team will be streaming during the entirety of the beta. So stop by, hang out, and ask any lingering questions you might have!
|Official The Division Stream||Twitch||English||CET||Around the clock beta coverage||-|
|Natchai Stappers||Twitch||English||CET||?||Join Community Manager Natchai when he is not on the official channel|
|Miisty||Twitch||English||CET||?||Join Community Manager Torie when she is not on the official channel|
Questions about The Division in GeneralWhen you have a question about gameplay, mechanics or the world in general, we have collected a number of guides and videos that should answer the big questions. So check them out and prepare for activation.
Survival GuideI have started a guide that should explain the key aspects of The Division, give some tactical inputs and help you get started as an agent. It is still work in progress and will be expanded over the next weeks.
- The Basics Part 1 - Map / zones
- Enemies, Combat, Communication
- Base of Operations / Important Contacts
- Mega-Map / Intel
Open Beta FAQHow do I access the Open Beta?
The Open Beta is free and open to everyone. You don't need a code to enter, simply go to your platform shop, download and play:
- XBOX ONE: Go to Games and search for Tom Clancy's The Division Open Beta
- PS4: Go to the Playstation Store and search for Tom Clancy's The Division Open Beta
- UPLAY PC: Launch Uplay PC, the Division Open Beta will be in your Free Games list
Will I need to redownload the beta if I have the Closed Beta installed?
No, you'll be able to download a small update and be set to play in the Open Beta.
Will my progress from Closed Beta still be there?
This is not likely, you will normally have to restart. Your Open Beta progress will also not carry over to the main game.
Can I pre-load the Beta?
Yes, pre-load will start on February 16th!
How long do I have to play to receive the exclusive reward?
Normally, launching the game will be enough to qualify for the reward.
Which platforms is the Beta available on?
The Tom Clancy’s The Division Beta is available on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.
What languages are supported in the Beta?
The game client (voices, subtitles and interface) will be available in English, German, Spanish, French, Italian and Japanese for this Beta. Additional languages will be available at launch.
How many characters can I create during the Beta?
During the Beta you will have the option to create up to 4 different characters.
Is there a level cap?
The level cap for each character you make in the Beta will be level 8. The Dark Zone rankings in the Beta will top out at rank 12. Keep in mind, these level caps are for Beta purposes only and will be different in the final game.
Will my progress in the Beta carry over to the full game when it releases?
Unfortunately, no. We’d like to keep things fair for those who are unable to participate in the Beta.
Do I need to be connected online to play?
Yes. Since The Division is an online game with a persistent world, you will need to be connected online at all times to play.
Do I need an Xbox Live Gold or PlayStation®Plus membership to participate in the beta?
You will not need an Xbox Live Gold subscription or PlayStation Plus to play single player outside of the Dark Zone. However, you will need an Xbox Live Gold subscription or PlayStation Plus to play in the Dark Zone or with a group anywhere in the game.
Open Beta Patch NotesThe whole update is 1.6GB and these are the changes.
New Mission Available to play, Subway Morgue:
- Encounter a new faction: The Cleaners
- Explore a Mass Grave while trying to restore power to the city.
- Rescue the missing Engineer, Paul Rhodes
Unlock an additional Wing in the Base of Operations:
- The first upgrade to the Tech Wing is now available
- A new skill can now be unlocked: The deployable turret:
Numerous Dark Zone updates and improvements:
- New High End weapons available in the Dark Zone
- Refresh rate on Dark Zone chests has been greatly reduced
- Non-player enemies in the Dark Zone have been significantly increased in number
- Non-player enemies in the Dark Zone have been buffed slightly
- The Manhunt Timer now pauses instead of refreshing while in combat as a level 5 Rogue
- The Reward for surviving as a Rogue Agent has been increased to 1.5x the kill bounty
- The Health Bar for Agents in the Dark Zone now only turns red when they actually become Rogue
- A new warning icon has been added to indicate an Agent who has shot another player but has not done enough damage to go Rogue
- Dark Zone experience leveling curve has been adjusted slightly
- Disabled the option to transfer Dark Zone brackets as a Rogue (This prevents players using Bracket Transfer as a means to escape after becoming Rogue)
- Removed some ropes that allowed players to reach areas that gave them an unfair advantage
- New Ubisoft Club Action available for participating in the Open Beta unlocking an exclusive reward in-game
- New and improved Tutorial Video
- Tutorial video is now available to view from the Character Select Screen
- Fixed two bugs that allowed players to become invisible to other players
- Fixed an exploit with Ballistic Shield Skill that allowed players to become invincible
- Cheat Detection and Prevention additions and updates
- Fixed mismatch of stats that occurred occasionally between Vendor Inventory and Player Inventory when item purchased
- Adjusted player movement speed while running with a grenade in hand
- Fixed a bug that sometimes caused other player's name and health bar to not be visible in the Dark Zone
- Fixed some Weapon Mods that resulted in incorrect stat values when equipped
- Fixed some weapons that didn't appear as Contaminated when obtained in the Dark Zone
- Fixed a bug with the Reward Claims Vendor that caused stacks of consumables to be decreased under specific circumstances
- Fixed a bug with stats display not updating when browsing Vendor Inventories
- Fixed a bug that caused continuous vibration under very specific conditions
- Fixed a very rare bug that prevented players from being able to fire or switch their weapons
- Added mission Dialogue lines in Missing Persons: Heather Lau Side Mission
- Several environment fixes to prevent falling through world issues in specific places
- Multiple stability fixes (23 unique crashes fixed)
- Server optimizations and improvements (players will receive less connection errors now)
- Multiple localization fixes and improvements
- Additional polish & bug fixes too numerous to mention!