Towers of Doom Tips and Trivia (Sorta)
Rundown: I've seen a lot of people complain about this map recently. I still think this too soon to say whether or not the map is properly optimized, but I'll go ahead and say I like it, and the biggest reason people dislike is because they are not completely sure how to play around it.
I'll try and see if I can make a difference there.
Things as damage the enemy core
- All towers belong to you - volley of Shots/Bullets/Pellets 6 damage to the enemy core.
- Capture Altars
- Boss Captured will deal 4 damage
- The botlane is the most important lane
If you can capture the tower down there and ensure the merc camps a clean runthrough, you got a free 3 extra damage to the enemy core (and a better grip on the merc camps). Though do keep an eye on the boss so you don't give a free 4 damage to your own core.
- If possible, you will want a good pusher at the toplane to keep control of the area.
- Push gates in all lanes fast
- Early Ganks
- Maintain low health on enemy Belltowers.
Once they got this tight a grip on your balls you can hardly shake off the hand without tearing something in the process.
Keeping towers low also gives you little bit of insurance? Had a teamfight and altars just spawned? Go grab that tower and just to make sure you take a tidbit less damage to your core. Keeping them low also makes it easier if you just won a teamfight and want a huge volley of bullets/pellets/Shots
- Utilize the chaos:
- The boss is not alway a good idea
- During downtime you should:
Capture towers, but most importantly capture the botlane tower (to secure merc camps) and try to make the mercs push through for possible core damage.
Ambush single laners and try to get an experience advantage.
- Portal to the midle lane spawns/opens at 12 minutes.
- In between the enemies core and Belltowers (Keeps) there is a killzone, marked by a line on the ground where the earth changes colour, which will damage you heavily if entered.
- First altar spawn at 1:30 and respawn around 110 seconds after the last altar has been capped.
- Sappers spawn at 2:00
- Headless Horseman spawns at 5:00
- Mule do repair the towers, though I'm uncetain howuseful this talent really is, as towers either are getting bursted by players or sappers and they'll usually die fast if ever attacked.
- If 3 altars are up 1 tower can fire 2 bullets 3 times - in other words 1 tower can do 6 damage.
- Mercenary Lord coupled with Sappers will 100-0 a Belltower (or very close).
Since there is a lot of fighting going both in lanes and on points littered with chokepoints and small alleyways heroes with a lot of sustain and zone control are the best to bring.
- Zone Control - Heroes like
- Sustain - Heroes like
Damage wise - Raynor, Hammer and Nazeebo
- Good Pushers for toplane
- Honorable mentions:
Thrall/The Butcher - Great early game ganker
Nova - Great at picking off targets and getting away because of the corners as can help get quickly out of vision again.
Please do tell if I forgot something, or if YOU know something extra I should add to the list!